Our skin is not just the outer layer that we see, it is like any other organ that needs healing from inside as well. In the modern era, we just focus on treating the physical appearance of the skin, these treatments do not emphasize on revealing the secrets that will boost each skin cell.
There are a few common problems like age, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, indigestion, hormonal changes that may cause skin problems. The more we put efforts on the outer layer of the skin the less we care about the nutrition and good eating habits that will promote healthy skin and body.
Here are some beauty tips, do’s and don’ts that will help you keep your health and skin healthy naturally:
Table of Contents
Try to include some fruits and vegetables in your diet as they will naturally boost the vitamins and antioxidants in your body. Include good fats like fish oil and try to avoid canned and processed foods, as the preservatives may cause harm to your body and skin.
You may also opt for probiotic supplements, it will improve your digestion, immune system and reduce the chances of bloating and inflammation in your digestive tract.
Drink a lot of water
There are a lot of wonderful facts related to healthy skin when it comes down to drinking an adequate amount of water every day. Drinking sufficient water daily improves the skin tone and helps the body to flush out the toxins. Keeping yourself hydrated prevents your skin from premature ageing and increases the elasticity of the skin;
it also tightens the skin and prevents it from sagging after a sudden weight loss. Drinking ample amount of water balances the oil and water content of your skin which is a natural way to control acne and clogged pores.
Radiant and glowing skin is one of the benefits of practicing yoga, the breathing yoga asanas help in calming the mind, relieves the stress and relaxes the muscles. These asanas help in clearing breakouts when performed consistently, it improves the blood and oxygen circulation in your face which ultimately provides a glowing and healthy skin.
Yogaasanas are known for healing every cell of your body. Yoga poses that you may practise daily are Sudarshan Kriya, Downward dog pose, Lotus Pose, the Fish Pose and Mountain Pose.
Also Read All Yoga Related Posts Here
An apple a day keeps the oil away
It has been observed that enlarged pores are more likely to secrete excessive oil, attract dirt which makes your skin dull and mature. You may use thin apple slices and put them on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
An alternate face pack will require apple peels, vinegar, honey and fuller earth and add some rose water; let the pack dry on your face for 30 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water. Apple is proven to soak excess oil, close enlarged pores, tighten the skin and make it young and radiant.
It is important to take a proper 8 hours of sleep every night, If you are sleep deprived then it will be visible on your face & the skin will be tired and dull. It is important to remove your make up and moisturize your skin before going to bed.
The skin heals itself while you are asleep, so make sure you make most out of it. You may also apply natural aloe-vera gel before you go to bed to provide a soothing and calm effect on your facial skin.
Some do’s and don’ts for healthy skin:
- Follow a skincare routine, stick to CTM (Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize).
- Try to clean your face twice a day, it will remove excess oil and dirt from your face.
- It is important to exfoliate your skin once every weak to remove dead skin cells.
- Eat right and healthy foods because what you eat will reflect on your skin.
- If you want radiant and younger-looking skin, quit smoking and drinking.
- Do not pop your zits; popping up pimple is a temporary solution but it will surely leave scars which are not good for a longer run.
- Excessive exposure to the sun will cause sunburns, wrinkles, redness, dehydrated skin and rough texture. Always use a sunscreen with an SPF content whenever you plan to go outdoors for a long day.
- You may feel relaxed after taking a long steamy hot bath but it may cause harm to your facial skin as it is delicate as compared to your other parts. Try to avoid taking long hot baths it may severely damage your facial skin.
- Exercise and physical activities are a must for increasing blood flow in your body; it promotes nourished and healthy skin cells.
It is important to pay attention to your skin and adopt a healthy lifestyle for a longer run. A healthy body is a key to provide healthy skin, you may apply a lot of products and still not get the expected results because your body may have vitamin deficiencies. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle to attain outer beauty.