Thank You : When and How
Thank you and sorry are the words often used in the day to day language. We all big and small use the word “Thank you”, but there is a way of saying this word.
The person to whom we say Thank you becomes happy.
• We have to Thank the person when he has given you a very good service or has tried for you from his heart.
• Someone has given you gift or a treat.
• Got a chance to work completely with some person and you have enjoyed that work.
• If someone has worked beyond the hope and completed the work before time.
• Someone has gone out of the way to do your work.
• If you have assigned a special work to someone, never forget to Thank him from the core of your heart.
• Thank at once on the completion of the work because after a span of time it loses its importance. If the person who has worked for you is not present, send him mail, send sms or phone him and say Thank you.
• If in your team work, there is discussion on a special subject, do not forget to Thank the person who has collected the information so that he should think that his work has been given consideration and noticed.
• If you have to go somewhere and someone has made your arrangements, but due to some unavoidable reasons you could not go, then also you must say Thank you to him.
• When you are Thanking a person, do not discuss irrelevant topics, as the attention will be diverted from the main point and the value of saying Thank you will lose its value.
• Whenever you Thank do it cordially, not without emotions or artificially. Like ‘Thank you, you have done my work’.
• If needed, a Thank you note can also be sent.
• With a smile on the face say Thank you while keeping your body language right.
If possible shake hands also.
• Do not say Thank you while busy in multi tasking. Say Thank you while focusing on the person.
• If you are saying Thank you on phone, say it keeping in mind the time factor of his sleep, taking meals or sending the kids to the schools etc.
• While sending the email say Thank you in simple words. Do not copy the lines from a book.
• If possible, the Thank you can be sent on Thank you card.