Table of Contents
- 2 cup washed and chopped palak/spinach
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1″ chopped ginger
- 1 slit green chilli
- 1 Tbsp makai/ maize flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ Tsp garam masala
- ¼ Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp dhania-jeera powder
You might also be interested in reading: Rajasthani Lahsun Ki Chutney.
- Put the spinach, tomato, ginger, garlic, chilli and onions in a deep pan.
- Cover and cook till all ingredients soften.
- Next add dhania-jeera powder and garam masala.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Allow this to cool and grind into a paste.
- Bring mixture back to heat, add ½ cup water and bring it to a light boil.
- Now add maize flour and mix very well, ensure there are no lumps.
- In a small pan, add butter and let it melt.
- Add sliced onion and fry on low flame till golden brown.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder.
- Pour this over the palak saag mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot with makke ki roti!