- 4 medium to large tomatoes roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon sunflower/olive oil
- 1 tej patta
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cup water/vegetable stock
- Salt as required
Also Read: Mix Veg Noodle Soup.
- Add rinsed and chopped tomatoes to a mixer without adding any water, blend till getting smooth. Keep the puree aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, saute.
- Add tomato puree.
- Add tej patta, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and black pepper powder and simmer for 2 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Add water/ vegetable stock and salt, simmer for 10-12 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as a soup.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to get more updates related to Sachi Shiksha – The Famous Spiritual Magazine in India. Also Read Our Hindi and Punjabi Editions.