Table of Contents
Onion Kachori Ingredients
- 2 cups of ‘Maida’
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Ghee For Filling
- Finely chopped onions 2 cup
- Gram flour 2 tablespoons
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Fennel 2 teaspoons
- Bay leaves 2
- Finely chopped coriander 3 tablespoons
- Finely chopped green chillies 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Salt as per flavor & refined oil (for frying)
- First, add salt and melted ghee in the maida and knead the soft dough.
- Now divide the kneaded maida into 12 parts and make the balls and cover them with wet cloth.
- Now to prepare the filler, heat a little oil in a pan and fry it with turmeric, fennel, green chili and onion until it becomes brown.
- After frying, add gram flour, coriander powder, red chili, garam masala and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped coriander in it. Remove the sharp leaves from this mixture and let the mixture cool down.
- Now to make the cookie, take each ball of the flour in a 2-inch circle and fill the mixture in it and close it with the thumb. Keep in mind that the mixture does not come out from the kachori.
- It is like preparing all the cakes. Put oil in a pan and heat well and fry the kachori on a low flame. These kachories take a lot of time to cook.
- Now serve hot kachori with red and green chutney.