Skill of Advertising and Communication
The advertising industry has an insatiable craving for creativity and talents. It is constantly producing jobs for talented persons and for out of the box thinkers who have guts to come out with innovative ideas and have the efficiency to implement them.
The industries have both big as well as small fishes, and have customized approach for their clients. The industry is active in all genres be in print media, radio, television or internet. We are surrounded by this creative crowd that fetches upon the information that we need for any- thing in and around, the way we want. In a nutshell, advertising industry is a fully customized industry.
- Advertisement Industry Where Glamour and Creativity Co-exist
- Bright Future in Digital Marketing
- Work from Home Options
Table of Contents
Vast Job Opportunities:
There is a great craving and demand of talent. Advertising agencies produce vast job opportunities. With the intervention of MNCs, of course, the competition has taken a long trail. If you have a big and wide spread agency, then you have chances to move abroad as well. This industry provides immense and well paid growth prospects.
Advertising is handled by advertising agencies that vary in size and scope. In big companies, you will find a properly segregated departmental set up to handle specialized areas of market research, film, video, production etc. The job profile also varies there, you will have jobs in Client service, Creative department, Media department, Production, Television and Film, Photography, Market research, Exhibition and Event management, Promotion, and Direct marketing.
Client Servicing, Market Research and Media Research involves understanding client needs, finding new business and retaining existing business, selecting the appropriate media, analyzing timing and placement of advertisements, and negotiating the financial aspects of the deal. For example, an account executive who works in the client servicing department should know the most effective way to advertise the client’s product or service, i.e. the media and their cost effectiveness. Account executives should also have an idea about market research and target audiences. This makes client-servicing arena little crucial, since it is the delicate link between the client and the agency.
Communication Skills play an important role in this industry. After all, it is all about communicating a product to its destined market. Communication skills are tested here, as it has to connect to the agency what the client has in mind. This industry expects the individuals to go out into the market with a right kind of idea of the product and then to be able to brief the product rightly and to be able to sell the idea.
Obviously these brainy fellows make part of a sound advertising agency. It includes Art directors, Creative directors, Copywriters, Scriptwriters, visualizers, photographers, typographers, and the mandatory DTP operators. This department creates the advertisement copy. It verbalizes and visualizes the specific needs of a client.Thus, careers in advertising can include working in advertising agencies, marketing jobs, copywriting, graphic design, media, market research, public relations, etc. You can work in the field of targeted advertising, Internet advertising, radio advertising, advertising affiliate programs, billboard advertising, etc.
Allied Areas coming up with this industry are event management, image management, digital marketing, Internet marketing, etc. One has enough of job prospects to move around as per interest and feasibility and economic viability as well.
This market has huge demand for graduates from the general stream who have a command over the language and who pursue good communication skill, plus knowledge of designing packages like photo shop, coral draw or fine arts, especially in the creative department, are well paid in this industry.
Candidates with creative bent of mind, who can think independently but work well in teams, are looked for here. Yes, if you are interested in this field, be prepared for a highly goal driven profile that even expects you to be able to work well under pressure.
Basic qualities like creativity, flair for writing, and the ability to translate ideas into a visual format are required. Candidates should have insights into the interests of people from all walks of life. Creative side individuals should possess artistic abilities to make the advt appealing to the masses.
Job positions and earnings in an agency vary with its size and turnover. “Fresh graduates can start with a salary of Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 per month. This can go up from Rs 15,000 to Rs 25,000 per month with a few years experience.
Doing a specialized diploma/degree can further boost a candidate’s worth. The salary of a successful advertising person can be between Rs 30,000 and Rs. 60,000 or more per month, depending on the agency or company.
Courses to Dapper Up Your Skills:
- B.A. integrated courses in Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management
- Course in Advertising and Communication
- Course in Advertising and Public Relations
- Course in Marketing and Advertising
- Diploma in Advertising
- Diploma in Advertising and Communication Management
- Diploma in Commercial Art and Advertising
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations and Advertising
Companies That Hire:
- Mudra Communications (http://www.mudra.com/)
- Akshara Advertising (http://www.e-akshara.com/)
- Crayons Advertising and Marketing Pvt Ltd (http://www.crayonad.com/)
- Fountainhead Communications Pvt Ltd (http://www.fountainheadindia.com/)
- Graphisads Pvt Ltd (https://graphisads.com/)
- Interface Communications Limited (http://interfacecom.com)
- Imageads (http://www.imageadsgroup.com/)
- J Walter Thompson India (http://www.jwt.com/
- Madison Advertising Pvt Ltd (http://www.madisonindia.com/home.htm)
- Pressman Advertising & Marketing Ltd (http://www.pressmanindia.com/)
- Urja Communications Pvt Ltd (http://www.urja.com/)
- The above information just imparts an idea of the career in the Advertising. however the readers are advised to get updated information from varied online and offline sources.